The organizers of the conference are committed to creating an environment that is safe, professional and of mutual trust where diversity and inclusion are valued, and where everyone is entitled to be treated with courtesy and respect. Harassment of participants in any form we will not be tolerated.
All conference participants are expected to follow these guidelines:
- Behave professionally. Harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary comments or jokes are not appropriate. Harassment includes sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, sexual attention or innuendo, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and photography or recording of an individual without consent. It also includes offensive comments related to individual characteristics, for example: age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, nationality or religion.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual or sexist language and imagery is not appropriate.
- Be respectful and do not insult or put down other attendees or facilitators of the event. Critique ideas not people.
- Should a participant witness events of bullying, harassment or aggression, we recommend that they approach the affected person to show support and check how they are. The witness may also wish to suggest that the person report the inappropriate behaviour. However, it is up to the affected person alone whether or not they wish to report it.
- If participants wish to share photos of a speaker on social media, should be aware that such activity requires to first obtain the speaker’s permission. Participants may also share the contents of talks/slides via social media unless speakers have asked that specific details/slides not be shared.
Members of the Local Organising Committee have been designated as the contact points for all matters related to this code. Participants can report any violation of these guidelines to these designates in confidence.
Thank you for helping to make our conference welcoming for all.
P.S. The above Code of Conduct has been based on the one provided by ESO and is available here.
Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved by MITOS S.A.